The High House Farm Brewery Visitor Centre is now under the management of local couple Heather and Gary Scott who are based just around the corner in Stamfordham.
Open Every Day Except Wednesdays
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday - 10.30am - 5.00pm
Thursday, Friday, Saturday - 10.30am - 9.00pm
All year round - except Christmas Day
Serving wonderful home cooked bar meals on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings from 6.00 pm to 9.00pm
Sunday Lunches are from 12 noon onwards.
A special “pensioner’s lunch” on Tuesdays from 12 noon onwards.
The shop, bar, award winning tearoom and restaurant are all open, and we have a new children’s room with pet animals and lots of toys to play with!
- Wonderful Northumbrian Scenery, half a mile from Hadrian’s Wall
- Brewery in Grade II listed buildings
- Award winning real ales to take home in 9 gallon casks, 20 litre and 10 litres “beer in a box” packs, presentation boxes as gifts and bottles.
- Exhibition in the brewery malt loft, describing the process of brewing and the history of the farm
- Tours by appointment - please phone 01661 886 192 to book
- A coffee shop serving home made soup, sandwiches, quiche, draymen’s lunches, paninis, salads and delicious home made cakes and scones
- Real Ale bar serving High House Brewery ales and other drinks
- Brewery Shop packed with wonderful and original gift ideas
- Luxury beer toiletries, beer chocolates, beer ice cream, beer mustards, pickles, chutneys all hand made by local craftsmen.
- Function room available for brewery tours and your own events during the day and evening, seven days a week together with a mouthwatering buffet menu.
- A fascinating farm walk through the 200 acre farm, with the opportunity to see the barley growing, and spot local birds and wildlife.
- Ample free car and coach parking - Coaches please ring first so we can make provission for turning etc.
- Full disabled access
We have hosted evenings for societies, groups, companies and individual parties. Some of the feedback we have had so far includes:
We have plenty of experience in providing a fascinating day or evening out for you and your guests. We can cater for groups up to 50 people 7 days a week, with brewery tours, tutored tastings and delicious homemade buffet menus. Our evening functions usually start at 6.30 pm and we have a license until 10.30 pm.
- "the venue was excellent and we’ve had great feedback from our staff”, Econnect Ltd.
- "thank you for a great night out!”, Tynedale Lions.
- "the whole team really enjoyed their day!”, DEFRA.
- "really informative, and thank you for a lovely buffet meal”, Rochester Women’s Institute.
We can also carry out Wedding Services and Receptions at the visitor centre including full catering facilities making Matfen High House Brewery the ideal location for your special day - with a difference! If you have any questions please contact us.
A 30 minute brewery tour, carried out by one of our experienced guides, covering the history of brewing and the farm, the process of creating our real ales and a full tour of the brew rooms.
A tutored tasting of all our available ales for your guests.
Please ensure you book your brewery tour at least 24 hours before arrival.
£5.00 per person.
£2.50 for children over 12 years old.
We can serve a mouth watering home made buffet meal to suit your taste and budget. Please find our buffet menus below.
To book a brewery tour in the day or the evening, for large or small groups please call 01661 886 192 or email firstname.lastname@example.org